5 Tips to Help You Pick the Right AI Software Tool for Content Creation
I know what you’re thinking; relying on AI to write content is a slap-in-the-face to all content writers. And I have to admit, I, too, felt a lurch in my stomach at the thought of turning to a computer to help me through some pretty harsh writer’s blocks. However, after a lot of research and a bit of convincing, I quickly realized that AI writers could be a valuable tool.
Recently, the idea of AI assistance for creating content has gained a lot of traction and skepticism from the content writers of the world. Could AI be used convincingly, or is it generic and stale?
As a busy content writer, I have the challenge of writing engaging, informative, SEO-driven content for an array of audiences. It’s no easy feat, especially when faced with short turnaround times and numerous clients in completely unrelated industries. If AI had the ability to make my job easier and more efficient, I knew I had to give it a try.
Choosing AI Features Based On My Goals
When people think of artificial intelligence, they usually imagine killer robots that threaten humanity. While these doomsday scenarios are great for movies, the AI software I’m referring to is far less scary and way more helpful. To describe it simply, artificial intelligence is a type of computing system that relies on complex algorithms and machine learning to develop and grow its abilities over time without any human assistance or programming.
Without getting into the “weeds” of which AI content software is the “best,” I will simply share what features were “best” for me.
I knew that I wanted an AI writing software that could do three specific things;
- SEO Optimization
- Idea generation based on my key topics
- Provide editing options for my already created content
Based on my three core needs for AI assistance, I was able to weed out any other flashy add-ons and excessive upcharges for unlimited content. It’s easy to get distracted by the extra bells and whistles, but if you are a small company that needs a little help producing a monthly blog, you won’t need unlimited content for thousands of dollars a month! There are an array of programs to choose from, so be choosy.
From This Experience, Here’s What I’ve Learned And Recommend
AI-based content software is abundant, and it’s important to find the right fit for you.
- You should first estimate how much content you will generate each month. For example, if you create a newsletter, craft an informational blog, or share posts on social media every month, you will want your AI software package to cover your estimated word count.
- Prices for AI software can be significantly different from one another, so do your research and make sure you aren’t paying more for features you don’t need.
- Put your AI to work; AI software works in various ways. You can use it to write a start-to-finish article or use it as a tool to refresh your written work.
- Confirm that your AI has an anti-plagiarism guarantee. Most AI software has internal checks to assure the content is original and free of plagiarism; be sure to protect your business with this added bonus.
- Give every AI-created copy a bit of human “fluffing” for consistency and accuracy.
AI writing doesn’t replace you; It simply assists.
AI writing software won’t replace you; look at it as a robot friend that has your back. With AI, I have the extra time in my day to tackle other, more pressing tasks, and I feel so much better because of it! While AI writing doesn’t replace me, it does free up time to write more posts each week with ease and without the fear that someone will be able to tell were written with the assistance of AI.
Simply put, AI has helped increase my productivity and satisfaction in my job!
Don’t be afraid to join the ranks of countless users that have taken the leap into this new and ever-evolving technology.