Pricing – Our Agency’s Billable Rates
Does It Always Cost Money To Talk With A Strategist?
No. We call ourselves the answer center because we are sincerely interested in helping, even if we are not doing business together.
Let’s see if we can help you. Set up your free call with a marketing strategist today.
How We Work With Clients
Time and work details are logged in our time tracking software. Invoices include project and service details and are generated once per month.
- Creative Services: Our creative team bills a blended rate of $150/hour for strategy, consulting, creative, and management work.
- Executive Partner Rate: for strategy and consulting services involving Elizabeth Sutherland or Cary Weston, bills at $250/hour.
- Video production: Single shooter or editor is billed at $150/ hour. A shooter and director combo is billed at $250/hour. Additional members are billed as needed. (See samples here)
Projects with a definable beginning, end, and expected deliverables can be fixed-priced.
Examples of this might be*:
- Website Development – Our team develops in WordPress and works with our strategy and content team to deliver sites that sell. Typical website projects range from $8,500 – $20,000. Here is a deeper dive into pricing details for a website.
- Video Production – Including award, corporate, television, and sales-focused videos. Our services include logistical planning, creative strategy, scripting, filming, graphics, and post-production. Typical video projects range from $3,500 – $25,000. Examples of our video work can be seen here.
- Marketing Coach – Our six-step marketing plan process will help you clarify your message, create more effective marketing materials, and use social media with focus. The program is designed to give you the tools and insight you need to feel more in control and confident about every marketing dollar you spend. Program pricing for most small businesses is between $5,000 – $10,000.
- Messaging – Developing primary and secondary messaging for your business or organization. Clarifying and simplifying the value and purpose that matter most to your primary clients, customers, and buyers. Engagements can include primary product or servicing messaging as well as employee hiring and recruitment efforts as well. Messaging work engagements are typically priced between $5,000 – $25,000. The range and variety of the pricing is based on a combination of scope of work, deliverables, and time.
*These are just samples. Retainers and fixed-price engagements can be crafted for cash-budgeting purposes as well as specific needs and goals.
Retainers are monthly amounts, pre-arranged for a set period of time, that are dedicated to a specific goal, strategy, or purpose. Retainers are based on expected time, effort, or value based on the expertise and labor needed to achieve the defined goals. Retainers are typically designed in 6 and 12-month terms and come with discovery, the scope of work, and regular meetings for review.
Examples of retainer types may be*:
- Public Relations Retainers – for causes, campaigns, issues, or earned media efforts. These types of retainers typically start around $3,000/mo.
- Strategy, Consulting, & Coaching Retainers – senior-level expertise to help solve issues, implement programs, coach and guide staff, or provide objective counsel to business needs. These retainers typically range between $2,000 – $5,000/mo.
- Social Media Retainers – for the planning, management, development, and posting of social media accounts and the copy and graphics needed. Our digital strategist works closely with our creative and copy teams to craft an effective editorial calendar and posting plan. Social media retainers start at $2,000/mo.
- Copy & Video Content Retainers – for regular and ongoing articles and videos to help support web, email, and social media efforts. Copy retainers start at $2,500/mo, and video retainers begin at $3,000 mo. Video retainers can include a combination of scripting, filming, and production and are adjusted accordingly.
We host and support WordPress websites.
All website sites we host are monitored 24/7 in real-time by advanced computer scripts and our quality support team from their data center daily. The websites we host are backed up daily and live in a secure and redundant environment that provides us with swift recovery options should unforeseen failures or issues arise.
Our hosting package includes regular review and installation of both the WordPress software and any additional modules and plug-ins that may be installed.
All hosting engagements are Jan 1 – Dec 31.
For websites we build, hosting is not billed until the website is completed and live for public viewing and pro-rated for the year of launch.
- ANNUAL HOSTING, SECURITY & WORDPRESS UPKEEP FEES
$900 annually or $75/monthly.
- SERVICE, SUPPORT, AND DEVELOPMENT FOR HOSTING SITES
The work of our team to correct functional issues of components that should work are, in most cases, covered by the hosting fee. Feature, functionality, and programming requests are quoted by our team as needed and billed at the blended hourly rate of $150/hour.
- DO WE HOST WORDPRESS WEBSITES THAT WE DIDN’T BUILD?
We do. For more information about transferring a WordPress site and our hosting services please visit our website hosting page.
Frequently Asked Billing Questions
We bill hourly for services conducted by our in-house team, which include:
- Brand Strategy
- Digital Strategy
- Media Buying
- Creative Direction
- Social Media Management
- Campaign Development
- Reporting & Analysis
- Logistics & Planning
- Script Development
- Post Production / Editing
- Format Preparation
- Industry Outreach
- Media Relations-
- Crisis Management-
- On-Site Evens
- Graphic Design (Digital/Print)
- Motion Graphics
- Print Management
- Wireframe / Layout
- WordPress Programming
- $65/hour + actual expenses
We charge a customary 15% markup on any outside vendor purchases made on your behalf. This covers the administrative time and costs associated with accounting and bill management.
We charge commissionable media at the gross rate without additional markup.