We Know Maine
An Agency Focused On Serving Maine
Who We Are
It started on a napkin…
Our story started as a scribble on a napkin in the back corner of a chain restaurant on an average summer Wednesday afternoon. A few months later, those scribbles morphed into a merger and our company was born September 1, 2005.
From competitors to collaborators to colleagues, partners Elizabeth Sutherland and Cary Weston now lead Sutherland Weston into its second decade of growth from its downtown studio headquartered in Bangor, Maine.
Supported by its guiding principles of culture, respect, and community involvement, Sutherland Weston is a team of talented, motivated, and creatively-driven professionals.
Together, we work to Design Answers, Create Influence, and Deliver Results for clients looking to grow their business.
We’re Mainers Adding Value Each Day
Sutherland Weston is an integrated full-service agency in Maine, with the tools, talent, and connections to help you be persuasive and prepared no matter the challenge.
- We get how best to speak to, connect with, and reach the people of Maine.
- We know the decision-makers, policy creators, and the issues that matter most to the cities and towns across the state we call home.
- We donate our time and talent to causes and organizations that build and strengthen our culture and community.
- We work daily to deliver responsive counsel, fresh ideas, and old-fashioned hard work.
Our Guiding Principles
Sutherland Weston Marketing Communications:
- Offers a creative, collaborative environment that fosters balance and prosperity;
- Listens to, respects, and exceeds our clients’ needs and expectations;
- Engages our personal and collective resources to enrich our community.
Our Company Values
We believe collaboration helps to build better ideas and solve problems more effectively.
We take ownership of our actions, accountability for our decisions, and follow through on our promises.
We invest in and support the personal passions and priorities of those with whom we work.
We celebrate the characteristics that make us unique and aim to be sincere in our relationships.
We encourage proactive thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset.
We strive to gain perspective from all affected by our discussions and decisions.
Our Approach to Equity and Inclusion
We believe in equity for all people.
At no time, and under any circumstances, should people be treated differently due to their race or color of their skin, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
This understanding is a core tenant in how we shape our communication, intentions, and actions each and every day. Is it part of the framework of thinking that shapes our company values and guiding principles.
As we commit ourselves to being a good corporate citizen and a community partner we believe our actions must be in concert with these beliefs daily and our commitment to them revisited often.